Niskayuna Girls Softball League (NGSL) is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone who participates in or supports our organization. Many of our players, coaches, families and sponsors have reached out to ask what our plans are for this year’s seasons, and we would like to share the following updates, and answer some common questions:
- Rec coaches information session (4/2) has been postponed
- Rec kickoff clinic (4/4) has been postponed
- Rec season opening day (4/25) has been postponed
- All NGSL events are currently postponed indefinitely. This includes all team practices, clinics, scrimmages, games, fundraisers and tournaments.
Will we still have a recreational softball season this year?
Our goal, once it is safe to do so, is to still have a season this year. We understand this may be difficult, and there is a possibility it may not be able to be done safely. The league is discussing multiple options for how best to proceed, and we will post updates on our website, social media, and email blasts as soon as any decisions are made.
Will we still have a travel softball season this year?
All Niskayuna travel softball teams play in the Hudson Mohawk Softball League, which is associated with USA Softball. We will be following their guidance for any schedule modifications, and will post updates on our website, social media, and email blasts as soon as any decisions are made.
What can I do to help?
Social distancing is the only effective way to slow the growth of COVID-19. Additional everyday actions can help prevent the spread of the illness, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
But I really miss softball!
So do we. A lot. There are plenty of things you can do to continue enjoying softball while at home:
- Video chat with teammates and coaches
- Work on drills in your house, garage, basement or backyard
- Check our Facebook page for videos from local coaches and instructors
- Watch old college softball or USA softball games online
We will continue to monitor the situation, and will keep everyone as up-to-date as possible. Stay safe, and together we will all get through this!
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.